Congress to Contest for All Seven Seats in Delhi; No Merger with AAP

0
634

The Congress party has announced to contest for all the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi and negated of any possible alliance with the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday.

Delhi Congress in-charge PC Chacko said, “Even today, we are ready for an alliance with the Aam Aadmi Party with seat sharing arrangement of three seats to the Congress and four to them.”

Chacko commented on reaching a consensus on seat sharing with AAP Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh. He said, “In the last election held in Delhi, the Indian National Congress received 21 percent vote while the Aam Aadmi Party secured 26 percent votes. Together we won 47 percent votes. On pro data basis, Congress should get 3 seats while the Aam Aadmi Party should contest on four seats in Delhi. This was the understanding in talks with Sanjay Singh.”

He further added, “The day before yesterday, a statement from AAP came that Congress is not ready for an understanding. This is not true. We are compelled to go on our own as AAP is going back on its stand.”

Earlier, the new Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dixit had negated of any coalition talks between Congress and AAP.

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

1 × 1 =