Fire Breaks out at CM’s Room in Assembly

0
2118

Bhubaneswar: Fire broke out in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s room in the Odisha Assembly on Wednesday.

A LED TV and its STB in the Chief Minister’ room burst into flames because of which the entire room was filled with smoke. No furniture in the room was damaged.

Niranjan Naik, a fire personnel, who was present at the spot said, “Due to short circuit, the set top box and TV caught fire. However, minor damage has been done to the TV and fire has been doused.”

BJD leader Debasish Naik, who was the first to visit the spot, said, “Fire brigade reached the spot immediately. I believe due to some short circuit in ply ceiling, the fire erupted damaging the set top box only. No other damage has occurred.”

The Assembly Speaker, DGP and Police commissioner reached the spot immediately to take stock of the situation.