Odisha,Puri: Two minor sisters were today charred to death while their grand-father and mother sustained injuries when a fire broke out in their house at Harirajpur in Odisha’s Puri district.
The incident occurred in the wee hours when the family members were sleeping inside the thatched house, a police official said.
The sisters were identified as Subhadra (7) and her Boula (4).
Their grand-father and mother were admitted to a hospital with burn injuries, police said, adding fire tenders were sent to control the blaze, but the siblings could not be saved.
The fire was suspected to have erupted from mosquito coil or a lamp, they said, adding a probe is on to ascertain the cause of the fire.