The powerful explosion in Shah Shahid area of Kabul was heard across the city, media reports said. Witnesses in the area said the blast occurred near the home of lawmaker Gul Padshah Majidi.
One of the injured was an Afghan civilian while the second person was from the convoy, said Gen Abdul Rahman Rahimi, Kabul’s police chief.The blast damaged several cars and shattered windows on a road in eastern Kabul.
NATO spokesman Col Brian Tribus confirmed the attack shortly before noon and said the coalition was gathering more information on the incident.
A Taliban suicide car bomber targeted a convoy of Nato troops in the Afghan capital on Tuesday, injuring two people, shortly before militants launched a second attack near a facility used by the Afghan intelligence agency.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. In a text message to the media, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the attack targeted a “foreign car”.
Soon after the suicide bombing, militants launched a second attack in Kabul. A police spokesman said an explosion and gunfire were heard in the eastern part of the city.
“We have reports that insurgents have entered a building,” police spokesman Ebadullah Karimi said, adding it was close to an installation used by Afghanistan’s intelligence agency.
The suicide bombing was the second attack in a week targeting the remaining foreign forces in the heavily fortified capital. Most Nato troops withdrew at the end of last year.
Last week, a Taliban car bomber targeted a convoy of Nato troops in Kabul, killing a civilian and wounding 12. Two foreign soldiers suffered light wounds in that attack.